Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tokyo, Japan

I cant believed I'm actually writing a blog for this one. Whew! still overwhelmed with the fact that my first ever out-of-the-country tour will be in Japan. It was always been a dream destination for me. Thank God, i never had a hard time accomplishing all requirements for my visa.

So fast forward... I was off to work for almost two weeks for this vacation trip (and this was the thing i like most, to work nothing at all haha). 3rd of May when I flew all the way to narita bound. Luckily, I was just in time for the "golden week" of Japan. I read a lot of things about this kind of event, so I asked my sister to bring me to tokyo to experience even atleast 1 of many festival for the golden week celebration.

From Saitama, where my sister and her family lives, we rode "densha" - the heart and blood of japan. this country was known with their very own extra ordinary-amazing rail lines. i may not had the chance to try shinkansen because it wasn't practical for us and a bit expensive (saitama was not that far from tokyo after all). 
 i considered this place a big maze. hence one admirable thing i observed - japanese are amazing commuter! with their self-discipline that helps maintain order and avoid any kind of accident. and not to mention, they're value on "TIME"


when we arrived in tokyo, i was surprised with the bulk of people around me, well it was expected to be crowded but not that much.. i mean it was like exaggerated crowdedcrowdedcrowded! haha. can you imagine that? i can't barely walk na mala-malling lang dapat sana ang peg cause i'm a tourist, seriously!
main road - see how crowded that was? haha
so anong sabi ng concert ni lady gaga dito? :)
despite this crowded space, we or i would say, I, remained enthusiastic, adventurous and excited by what that day tour has to offer. hellowww.. i'm in tokyo! all i wanted was to have a blast of my entire vacay. dedma sa tao! magpapaka foreigner muna ako in a foreign country.

our first destination in tokyo was in Asakuza. it has an atmosphere of old era. and this surprised me because it is quite rare in this place, as most part of the city is now replenished and old/traditional streets are mostly gone becoming modernized already.

then we entered in Senso-ji temple also known as asakuza kannon temple for buddhist. there are lots of large lantern or whatever you call that. basta big looking lanterns with wood carved of dragons inside of it. 
 

we watched festival and parades but due to heavy load of people, i couldn't have a good shot on my camera. failed. but i didn't missed some memorable and remarkable attractions within the area. i wont be naming all of it, as i don't know some of them and i have a very poor net connection right now so i don't wanna bother myself to waste my time in google. 

we walked to different places in tokyo, from temple to bridges, to roads, to markets and to everywhere and anywhere. this was also the very first time i never complained of walking. 

here they are... 

(please bear with me as i post pictures randomly... its hard to edit with this kind of internet speed)

Japan's human kalesa
Azumabashi Bridge
 Matsuya Ginza
Japanese paper lanterns.
Senso-ji Temple
Kuminarimon (thunder gate)
Hozomon Gate
Souvenir Shop at the side of senso-ji
the main hall (their altar)
meiji shrine
traditional boat parades
Sky Tree and Asahi Bldg. 
this tokyo skytree or sukaitsuri, is the tallest tower in the world displacing the Canon Tower (wikipedia)
near subway with Ando Masahashi of Heroes. haha
walk of fame?? #no idea
Nakamise - the only old style shopping street in tokyo.
 
japanese street foods
Ueno Market
ameyayokocho market in ueno - the clean and better version of our own divisoria.

i wasn't able to post all photos that i have as much as i want to but i wish that everyone who gets to read this blog might have been achieve enough understanding of these little details about tokyo. 

PS for those who asked: NO, I didn't travel here for work. And Yes, I paid for my travels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment